Lot of iPad users searched same question in Google like
- “my iPad’s home button not responding”
- “iPad Home button not working sometimes”
- “iPad 3 Home button not working”
- “iPad button won’t work”
Fix 1: Clean the iPad Home button
Main reason for your iPad Home button not responding issue is debris, dust and dirt inside iPad Home button.
Use rubbing alcohol. Put few drops on the cotton swab, and clean the button.
Also put few drops on your finger and rub the Home button and push the button corners.
Fix 2: This solution solved iPad 2 users
- While your iPad is in portrait view, press and hold the Home button.
- Keep holding Home button and turn iPad to landscape mode.
- Then turn iPad to portrait mode.
- When you doing this make sure your iPad screen rotates.
- Release the Home button.
Fix 3: Use 5-finger gesture
- Launch Settings app.
- Set Multitasking Gestures on.
- Navigate back to iPad Home screen. Place your five fingers on the screen and pinch all the fingers in.
Fix 4: Change your iPad Home button position
- Navigate to Settings -> Accessibility -> Assistive touch and turn it on.
- Press the icon that will show up in the bottom right corner.
- Choose Home. Home button will be located in the bottom right corner.
- If you want to change the position, hold the finger on it and drag the icon where you want it.
Fix 5: Restart iPad
Press and hold the iPad Power button and Home button together until it restarts.
If you knew any other solutions to fix this issue, inform us via comment.