A lot of iMac users reported this issue. In late 2010 27 inch iMac shut down randomly by itself. It does not restart automatically. It’s really frustrated one. when you are busy with work. So stop worrying about this. Here I will share some easy ways to fix this problem. Ok without further talk, let’s move on to the solution.
Solution 1: Uncheck “log ours after? minutes of inactivity”
This problem did not happen because of your iMac system. This issue happened because of the Security and Privacy preferences in Apple System Preferences.
- Launch Apple menu-> System Preferences.
- Click “Security and Privacy control panel“.
- Choose the “General” tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the Advanced button. If the button is grayed out, click the lock button and enter your login password.
- Untick the check box “Log out after ?? minutes of inactivity”
- Click OK.
- Now exit the control panel.
Solution 2: Delete “com.apple.PowerManagement.plist” file
- Navigate to Library ->Preferences ->SystemConfiguration.
- Delete file named com.apple.PowerManagement.plist.
- It may ask your administrator password to move the file to the trash.
- Restart iMac computer
Solution 3: Check your display
Adjust the brightness of your iMac display to the lowest setting possible (adjust the brightness level to see the screen. If your system stays up and running longer time before? then your display has an issue.
Solution 4: Check numeric code followed by “Previous shutdown cause:”
- Go to your Mac Utility folder and open the console.
- Inspect system.log file for shutdown cause.
Solution 5: Check your Power connection
Sometimes If your Power outlet connection on your iMac is loose, it may also cause this random shout-down issue. So check your power cable that is connected to your iMac and Power sockets.
Try this also:
- Uninstall and Reinstall your macOS on iMac.
I hope this will help to solve your problem. If you know any other solutions to fix the ” iMac Shut Down Randomly by Itself” problem, inform us using the comment form. Thank you and keep supporting us.