When our iPhone is lost or stolen by someone, the first question that comes to our mind is, “Is there any possible way to track my iPhone?”. Yeah, Exactly it is possible in the iOS 15 update. We can find a dead iPhone’s location by using Find My App. It shows the last Location from before the iPhone died. From this article, you can learn how to find the lost & Stolen iPhone even if it's turned off. Okay, now scroll down the page and learn how to find your iPhone when it is lost or stolen.
The important thing to remember is that this method only works for those who have previously enabled Find My on their iPhone. If it’s not, then you can’t find your stolen or lost iPhone by using these methods.
Find your iPhone using an iPad
By using this method, you can find your iPhone even if it's dead or offline mode. If your iPhone died then you won’t be able to see the real-time location, instead, you will get the location from before the iPhone died. To do that,
- Launch Find My App on iPad.
- Tap the Device option.
- Then the map will appear with the list of enabled devices(Find My).
- From that list, select your iPhone.
- Now the map shows your iPhone’s location.
- If your iPhone is turned off, black screen iPhone images will appear on your iPad, along with red text informing you that your iPhone has been turned off.
- If your missing iPhone is turned on, your iPad will display a colorful home screen. The remaining battery level is also visible on the sidebar.
- You can select the “Direction” option to see where your lost iPhone is.
- When you get close to your iPhone, tap the “Play Sound” option to find its location.
- If you couldn’t find it, then swipe up the sidebar and then toggle on the Notify When Found option. That will help you to notify your iPad when your iPhone gets turned on.
Find your iPhone from another iPhone
We can also utilize a friend's or family member's iPhone to locate your iPhone if you don't have an iPad. You'll need to log into their iPhone to do so. Now we'll show how to locate your iPhone using someone else's iPhone. To do that,
- Launch Find My app on your friend’s mobile.
- Tap the Me option at the bottom right corner.
- Now tap the Help a friend option.
- Tap Use a Different Apple ID
- Log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Then select the Not Now option to don’t save your password on their device.
- Select your lost iPhone name from the Device list.
- The screen will display where your iPhone is located.
- On-screen bottom, you have three options. The first one is Play sound, you can use that option when you reach close to your lost iPhone.
- The second one is the Lost Mode option that will help you to secure your data.
- If you think you permanently lost your iPhone then choose the Erase iPhone option.
- You can tap Direction to locate your lost iPhone.
- If You find your iPhone successfully then don’t forget to sign out your Apple ID on your friend’s iPhone. For that, tap your name on the top right corner and sign out from your friend’s iPhone.
Find your iPhone using iCloud.com
Log in to iCloud.com on your PC or Mac to locate your lost iPhone. If you need to track your iPhone from a laptop or desktop web browser, use iCloud.com's Find My iPhone app. To do that,
- Open a web browser, type iCloud.com on the search bar or go to the Find My iPhone app on your computer.
- Now sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- And click the Allow option to allow iCloud.com on the device that you’re using.
- Tap the Find iPhone App icon.
- Tap the All Devices option to choose your lost iPhone name.
- Now map displays where your iPhone is located.
- If you put the lost iPhone into Lost Mode, then the device is locked and people won't be able to access any personal information.
- If you confirm that your phone is permanently lost or stolen then click the Erase iPhone option.
- After that, Sign out your account in the top right corner.
If you can't find your iPhone, here's what you should do
If you tried all possibilities and still can’t get a lost iPhone then choose this option.
- Open Find My App on any available device and log in using Apple ID and password.
- Select your lost iPhone from the Device button.
- Then Swipe Up the sidebar and you see the Mark as Lost option
- There you need to click the Activate option. And tap the Continue button.
- Here enter your Phone number, in case if anyone finds your iPhone then your Phone number will be used to contact you then tap Next.
- Enter a message that will be displayed on your Lock Screen then tap the Activate button.
- When you find your iPhone then unlock and sign in using your passcode and Apple ID.
Above all, solutions will undoubtedly assist you in locating your stolen or lost iPhone. I hope all learned a lot from this post. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section. Thank you for reading, and don't forget to visit iPhonetopics.com for the most recent article.