Reset your iPhone to factory settings is the best solution for many issues on your device. Many people don’t know how to restore their device and what will happen after restoring. This article is going to tell you how to restore iPhone 7 & 6 to factory settings. Before doing it, you have to take a Backup. Because this action will erase all data on your device.
To take a Backup,
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Data network.
- Launch Settings->Apple ID (your name)->iCloud->iCloud Backup.
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on. Tap “Back Up Now”.
Wait until the process is finished. If the backup process is completed, you can see the date & time of the last backup under “Back Up Now”.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- A pop-up box will appear with three options: Finishing Uploading Then Erase, Erase Now, and Cancel.
- If you want to take a Backup, tap “Finishing Uploading Then Erase”.
- If you have already taken a Backup, tap “Erase Now”.
When it restarts, Set up your iPhone as new.
SEE ALSO: iPhone 6 Dropping Calls
How to Restore iPhone after Factory Reset?
- Turn on your device. Hello screen will appear.
- Select your language when prompted. Select your country or region. Now you can see how the information will display on your device including date & time, contacts, and etc.
- Tap ”Set Up Manually”.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi or Cellular (Data) network. If you want to use Wi-Fi network, tap “WiFi” or insert a SIM and use Cellular (mobile data) network. To use Cellular network, tap “Use Cellular Connection”.
- Set Up Face ID or Touch ID and create a new passcode.
- You can see the “Apps & Data” screen with four options. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud by entering “Apple ID & Password”.
- Tap “Next” at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap “Agree” to agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- Then the latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Select the latest backup and tap it.
Now your phone will restore everything from iCloud Backup.