Most of the Apple users want to change their iCloud email based on lot of reasons like accidentally may deleted email address, forgot email password, email may be hacked, entered wrong email address or some other reason.
Before doing these steps, first backup your iOS device using iTunes.
How to Change Your iCloud Email
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings -> iCloud.
- At the bottom of the page you can find the option named “Delete Account”.
- Tap on “Delete Account” option. (It will ask you if you want tot remove all item from iPhone or iPad. Select No).
- It break the connection between your iOS device and iCloud setup for that email.
- Then navigate back to Settings -> iCloud. It will be prompted to enter new information.
Note : If you can’t delete the account, then you need to turn off the apps like contacts, mail, bookmarks etc.
Why i can’t able to delete iCloud account?
Note : You need to close “Find my iPhone” when you choose “Delete iCloud”. It will provide option to keep all your media files like pictures on your iPhone or iPad. If you change the Apple ID first, you will not be able to delete the iCloud.
Also it will continues asking you to log in to old Apple ID to close the “Find My iPhone” feature. So you need to change the Apple ID back to original ID to do this.
So first delete iCloud account on all Apple devices before you change Apple ID.
- Delete iCloud account on your iPhone and other Apple devices.
- Now go to iTunes and change Apple ID.
- Now on your Apple device, add a new Apple ID.
SEE ALSO : How to fix “Cannot Turn Off Find My iPhone” error
Iforgot: Apple ID Password and How to Reset it
If you already changed primary email address on App store settings or on the iCloud website. But still getting old Apple ID in iCloud
- On your iPhone, iPod or iPad, launch Settings app.
- Navigate to Settings -> iCloud and turn off “Find my iPhone” or “Find my iPad”. When it prompt to verify with password, it will still have the old Apple ID.
- You can’t use old Apple ID password. Punch in the new Apple ID password.
- It will shut off old Apple ID. At the bottom of the page choose :Delete Account”.
- Type you new Apple ID and password.
Idea suggested by Apple support center
- Visit appleid.apple.com and log in with your current Apple ID and password.
- Change the email back to old one (your iPhone remembers) and log out.
- Use your current password and log into iCloud with the old email.
- Now delete the iCloud account on your phone.
- Now navigate back to appleid.apple.com, log in. Change the email address to new one. Log out.
- Now come back yo phone and log into the iCloud with new email address.
Email iD hacked, i changed iTunes email address but iCloud had still the old email address set as default (grayed out).
iCloud linked to iTunes. So first you need to change iTunes email address. But sometimes you can’t change your email ID in iCloud (because it grayed out).
- Navigate to Settings -> Store. Then Sign out.
- Now go to Settings -> iCloud and delete your iCloud account.
- Now navigate back to Settings -> Store and sign into it using your Apple ID.
- Sign back iCloud account on your iPhone with new Apple ID and password.
If you knew any other solutions to change iCloud Email on iPhone or iPad, inform us via comment.