Learn how to restore deleted iMessage If you accident deleted contents of specific iMessage contact on your Mac.
Restore Deleted iMessages on Mac
You can only restore the whole iMessage database, not individual conversations or messages. You need to replace the current database with an earlier version. so you will lose all later changes.
- Sign out all iMessage accounts and quit Messages.
- Press and hold down the option key and choose Go -> Library from the Finder menu bar.
- A folder window will open.
- Restore the “Messages” subfolder named from a backup told backup which contain deleted iMessage contact.
- Then log out and log back in.
Also read : How to Restore files from Time Machine after clean install
Note : If you’re using OS X 10.9 or later, delete the subfolder Containers/com.apple.iChat. If you don’t have a backup, messages can’t be restored.