I got my new Hompod today morning. When I tried to set up I found that it has set up failed error 301003. Most of HomPod users have this problem. Here I am going to give you the solutions to fix this issue. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Refresh Wi-Fi on your iPhone
Before trying these solutions uninstall the Home App and then reinstall it from the app store.
Refresh Wi-Fi and then setup your HomePod.
- Launch Settings->Wi-Fi.
- Turn off WI-FI.
- Wait for few seconds and then turn it on.
Solution 2: Force restart your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier:
Press and hold the Home Button and Power/Side Button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X:
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side Button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Now try to set up your HomPod.
SEE ALSO: HomePod Setup Failed Error -6722
Solution 3: Turn off router’s firewall
- Turn off router’s firewall.
- launch Home and then reset HomeKit.
- Set up your HomPod. Now you can set up your HomPod.
- Then turn on router’s firewall.
Solution 4: Reset HomPod
- Open the Home app on your iPhone.
- Make sure that your iPhone is signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up the HomPod.
- Press and hold “HomPod” in the Home or Rooms tab and then tap “Details”.
- Scroll down to find “Remove Accessory” and tap it.
Reset HomPod without iPhone
- Unplug the Hompod and then replug it.
- Press and hold the top of the HomPod.
- You can see the white spinning light on the top of Hompod. This light will turn red if you keep on pressing the top of the HomPod and Siri will say “Your HomPod is ready to reset”.
- Keep pressing until it makes three beeps and then setup HomPod.
- Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
If you know any other Solutions to fix this issue let us know through your comments.