The HomePod is a speaker. So, you can set up the HomePod to your Mobile ease. But now, the HomePod has a problem that is Set up error 6722. It’s frustrating. Most of the users facing this issue. So, I have found out some solution to resolve this problem that may be helpful for you to resolve this problem.
Solution 1: Update the Current Version of iOS
You have to update the current version of iOS on your iPhone and iPad. For that, follow below
- Launch “Settings” on your iPhone and iPad.
- Click on “General” and then click “Software Update”. If it has an update, you just update it.
Solution 2: Log in With Your Same Apple ID
- If you set up your HomePod to your Device, you should use same Apple ID. If you are using the different ID in your HomePod, it shows error.
- So, you should log out the account and then log in the same iCloud Account.
Solution 3: Check the Internet Connection and Bluetooth
- If you have this issue while you set up the HomePod, you should disconnect the Wi-Fi from your device. Then again reconnect the Wi-Fi to your iPhone or iPad.
- It may be the reason for Bluetooth problem so you have to disconnect it and again reconnect the Bluetooth.
Solution 4: Reset your HomePod
Reset the HomePod using Home App
- Open “Home” app on your devices.
- Then you have to press and hold the “HomePod” in the “Home” tab.
- Click on the “Details”.
- Then finally, you have to tap on the “Remove Accessory”.
Reset the HomePod Manually
- First you have to unplug the “HomePod” and again pug it.
- Press and hold the HomePod button at the top.
- Then you can see white light turning in to red color. The Sirispeaks that the HomPod will go to reset.
- Next, don’t take your finger until you can hear the three beeps sound.
Solution 5: Reboot your iPhone or iPad
- Press and hold the “Home Button”.
- At the same time, press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at top right of the iPhone while holding the “Home Button”.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes “black” and wait until the “Apple logo” appears
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall your Home App
- If you uninstall the Home app, the problem may be solved.
- After uninstall the app, again you have to reinstall the app.