Some Apple users have complained that they couldn’t use home sharing between PC and Apple TV 3rd Generation. When they try to home sharing, it’s loading “(XYZ’s) Library and they get this error “could not connect to “(XYZ’s) Library. But they said Netflix, Youtube, and Prime Videos are working fine.
In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix home sharing will not connect to Apple TV 3rd generation. If you have this same issue, this article will help you to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1: Enter IP Address Manually
- Open Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Tap General -> Network -> Ethernet -> Configure IP -> Manual.
- Then enter your IP address manually.
Solution 2: Use Same Apple ID
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- You have to use same Apple ID to your Mac or PC and Apple TV.
- From the iTunes window, at the top select File -> Home Sharing -> Turn on Home Sharing.
- Now, you can use Home sharing between your PC and Apple TV.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of OS on your Apple TV.
- Check the network connection.
Hope this article has solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.