High Sierra update creates many issues on Mac. People say so many complaints like High Sierra shut down during sleep and Mac won’t wake from sleep with High Sierra. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Turn off “Power Nap”
- Go to Apple Menu->System Preferences->Energy Saver.
- Select Battery tab.
- Deselect (untick) “Enable Power Nap while on battery power”.
- Select Power Adapter tab near to Battery tab.
- Deselect “Enable Power Nap while plugged into a power adapter”.
Solution 2: Hard Reboot your Mac
- Press and hold the Power Button until your Mac turned off.
- To turn on it press the Power Button again.
Solution 3: Force Shut down
Before force shutdown your Mac, you have force quit the running program.
Press and hold Command+Shift+Option+ESC keys simultaneously to force quit the current program.
Force Shut down
Press and hold Command+Control+Option+Power Button simultaneously.
Solution 4: Restart your Mac in Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Shift Key. You can see the Apple Logo on the Screen.
- Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Enter your User Name & Password to login. You may need to login twice if FileVault is turned on.
Solution 5: Reset SMC
If your Mac has a non-removable battery,
- Shut down your Mac via Apple menu->Shut Down.
- Press and hold the Shift+Control+Option+Power Button simultaneously.
- Then release the keys at the same time.
- Turn on your Mac.
If your Mac has a removable battery,
- Remove the battery out of your Mac.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds.
- Insert the battery into your Mac.
- Turn on your Mac by Pressing Power Button.
Solution 6: Reset NVRAM
- Turn off (shut down) your Mac.
- Press and hold the Option+Command+P+R keys simultaneously until you hear the startup sound for the second time.
- Reinstall the OS.
- Sometimes this problem may occur after updating your Mac. So wait for a week and then take a step if it continues.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know via your comments.