Many people feel to have their desktop clean because you can’t able to find a single file due to confusions or some other reasons. Otherwise, some peoples like to have some privacy related to there apps I too have the same mindset. I had followed some tricks to avoid this. That is hidden or remove the icons. This is quite a simple way. Now I’m going to share 3 methods to hide your desktop icons.
By using Finder
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Tap Finder menu > Preferences.
- Click General.
- Below Show these items Unselect the box likes Hard disks, External disks, CDs, DVDs, iPods, Connected servers.
- After unselect, those items apps will be immediately hidden.
- If you want to unhide it then select those items.
By using Terminal Commands
- Launch Terminal app on your Mac.
- Now type “defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop -bool false” to hide the icons. Press Enter.
- Again type “Killall finder”. Press Enter.
- To unhide the app type “default write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop -bool true; killall Finder”.
Third party App to Hide Icon
- There are many third-party apps are available I personally suggest a HiddenMe app.
- Download and install the HiddenMe app on Mac.
- Launch HiddenMe app.
- Click on Circle icon at the menu bar.
- Tap Hide Desktop Icon. Now your desktop icon will be hidden.
- If you like to unhide it then tap Show Desktop Icon.
- Simply drag the icon and move into another folder.
- Otherwise, drag the unwanted icons to trash to remove them.
Hope the above steps will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You.