So how to recover iPhone backup password on PC Windows, Mac and iTunes?. Try our possible solutions to recover lost iPhone passcode.
This method will works, if you use or enabled iCloud Keychain on Mac.
- On your Mac, go to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Keychain Access app.
- Type “iPhone Backup” in the upper right corner search box.
- If the Keychain found any result. Double click the result file.
- Tick the checkbox next to “Show password” and enter your Mac administrator password to reveal/recover lost password based on encrypted iPhone backup.
- Note that password somewhere else on your computer and close the Keychain Access.
Solution 2: (If your never set an encryption password for your iPhone backup)
If you not set any encryption password for your iPhone backup, it automatically set your Windows or Mac administrator password as a backup password.
Solution 3 : (If you get wrong password message)
Connect your iPhone via USB cable. Then type a password (not via WiFi).
If it snot syncing, detach the USB cable from the computer and then attach it. Do the same thing until old data get syncing with your iPhone.
- Try your first Apple ID password.
- Use your Mac or Windows administrator password.
- Unplug the USB cable. Then plug back in. It will sync songs and apps and start restoring.
- Use the password (without caps) which you use to setup your iPhone for first time.
- Use lowercase version of the Apple ID Password.
- Use the Gmail password, if you have Gmail as your email provider on your phone.
- Use old iCloud password (get it from the person using the phone before you)
- Uncheck the “Find my iPhone” option in your iPhone and try to use every password you used to login in your laptop.
- Try “1234” or “12345” as a passcode.
- Try to remember and use the “Password” you used to lock your iPhone.
- Try to use your Facebook password to unlock the backup file.
- Use password of the one of your email address.
If you want to avoid this kind of issues?
If you try to backup your iPhone using iTunes, uncheck the checkbox “Encrypt iPhone backup” in iTunes summary section to reset iPhone backup password.
SEE ALSO :-
- How to Find iPhone Backup Location on Mac & Windows
- iTunes could not backup the iPhone? fix
- How to restore iPhone and iPad from old backup
If you knew any other solutions for iPhone backup passcode issue, do let us via comment