I have some problem on my iPhone which is Text Messages disappeared. I have it on some important messages. I don’t know what to do. Now I fixed this problem. Here I am going to tell you the solution.
Solution 1: Set Forever in Message History
- Go to “Settings” -> tap “Messages” -> tap “keeps Messages”. And set “Forever”.
- If it is set “30 days or 1 year”, your messages will be deleted on that particular days. So your messages will be disappeared.
Solution 2: Manage Storage
- Go to “Settings” -> tap “General” -> tap “iPhone Storage”.
- It will show the Apps storage. Then you can be deleted some unwanted Photos, Videos, and songs. Because it occupies your system storage.
- If your phone’s storage is full, it may be messages disappeared on your iPhone.
Solution 3: Restart/Reset your iPhone or iPad
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the Home Button.
- At the same time, press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at top right of the iPhone while holding the Home Button.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes black and wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side while holding the Wake/Sleep button.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Solution 4: Turn off your Phone
- Turn off your Phone. Then Turn on back.
Solution 5: Using Search Option
- If your Messages disappeared on your phone, using the Search option.
- Type some letters and missing messages will be pop up.
Solution 6: Recover messages
- If you are messages are deleted, you can Recover the Messages.
Solution 7: Reset Factory Settings (Factory restore)
This process will erase all data from your mobile. So Before doing it take a backup your iPad or iPhone. After finishing this restore everything.
- Go to “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
Now everyone will be reset on your iPad and iPhone including the Restrictions passcode.
Note: you can select either iTunes or iCloud to take a back up.
To take a back up,
- Launch “Settings”->”iCloud”.
- Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is on.
- And tap on “Back Up Now”.
If you have any ideas to fix this problem, inform us through your comments.