Some of iPhone Users had reported a problem that the Yahoo email doesn’t update on their device. Recently, I too had experienced this same issue while using my iPhone 6. Whenever I try to open new emails in my Yahoo email account, I couldn’t open it I suggested this issue with my friend Alex and he gave me some tricks to fix this serious issue. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can also get rid of this Yahoo email issue.
Fix 1: Change the Mail Settings
- Go to Settings -> Accounts & Password -> Yahoo Mail
- Then, tap Account ->Outgoing server SMTP -> Add Server
- Now, set your Hostname: smtp.mail.yahoo.com and then enter your email address and its password
- Press Save
Fix 2 : Check for Software Update
Updating to new software helps you fix many issues like this.
- Launch Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Tap “Download and Install”.
Fix 3: Check for Email Settings
- Launch Settings -> Accounts & Password -> Fetch New Data
- Then scroll down to bottom and choose Every 15 minutes.
Note: If you have iPhone X or 8, then you can see the “Automatic” option. But this option will be missed on the earlier iOS devices.
Fix 4: Sign Out and then Sign in your Yahoo account
- On your device, sign out your Mailbox
- Restart your device and then wait for few seconds
- Again login to your Yahoo email account
Fix 5: Enable “Allow apps that use less secure sign in”
- Launch your Yahoo mail account and then sign in
- Tap your Name -> Account info -> Account Security
- Scroll down to see ”Allow apps that use a less secure sign in” and turn it on.
Fix 6: Reset Network Settings
After resetting Network Settings, reconnect your Wi-Fi network and then try connecting it again.
- Launch Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Select “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if asked and then tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Fix 7: Factory Reset
- To restore your iPhone to factory settings, go to Settings -> General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- A pop-up box will appear with three options. If you want to backup your device, select “Finish Uploading Then Erase”.
- If you have already backed up your device, select “Erase Now”.
Note: It is advisable to backup all your data before doing this fix.
Fix 8: Contact Apple Store
If your device is under Warranty Status, then you can contact Apple Store for further help.
- Make sure that you have an internet connection
- Delete and then re-add your Yahoo mail account manually
- Update your Yahoo App
- Contact your email Provider for help or support
- Contact Apple Customer Care or Yahoo Customer Care
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to solve this issue. If you find this article as useful, kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…