When Mac users try to send photos from iPhoto using Mail, they getting popup error message like “The server did not recognize your username/password combination”.
Solution 1: Delete and re-add email account
- Navigate to iPhoto ->Preferences, then click the Account option.
- Delete the old email account (ex : MobileMe account) and add a new email/iCloud account (even the email username and password are same).
- Then delete the old account.
Solution 2: Generate App specific password
If you enabled two step verification, you need to generate and add a App specific password. You can do this in Manage Apple ID.
Solution 3: Delete and Re-add Mail account password
- Open iPhoto.
- Choose ‘Preferences’.
- Navigate to “Accounts Tab”.
- You can see email address listed in left column. Choose it.
- Delete the password and enter it again again.
- Close the Preference window and save the changes.
- Quit/Close iPhoto and relaunch it again.
- Now try to send email.
Solution 4: Change the settings
- Go to iPhoto -> Preferences.
- Choose the General tab and set “email photos using” to “Mail” instead of “iPhoto”.
Solution 5 (for free Yahoo Mail users)
- Go to iPhoto Preference -> Accounts tab and delete the Yahoo account.
- Click the + icon to add a new email account, and choose email as the type (not facebook).
- In next window do not choose Yahoo mail as the mail service for your account. Select OTHER. Then enter information as normal.
- Use iphoto.smtp.mail.yahoo.com as a server address.
- Uncheck use SSL.
These solutions will solve Gmail, Mobile Me, Yahoo mail issues. If you knew any other solution to fix “The server did not recognize your username/password combination” error, inform us via comment.