One of the users reported that her iPhone will not update or download new apps. They tried several tricks like resetting the phone, connect the iPhone to Computer, resetting the password etc. But nothing works. Here given some solutions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Close all running apps
- Go to Settings -> iTunes and App Stores and sign out your account.
- Force an app to close.
steps to close an app
- Double-click the Home button.
- Move left or right to close the app.
After that, try to restart the phone. The problem gets resolved.
Solution 2: Click on Update button
There are a lot of apps for an update.
- Click on Update.
- Now, enter the password to account.
- It accepts the password, and it starts to update.
Solution 3: Change the DNS
It’s only your router DNS transfer function problem. First, I set the DNS Server as 192.168.1.1 which is the IP address of my router. So, the problem will occur. After that, I changed the DNS service number by the following
Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on information button (i) of your network -> change DNS to 18.104.22.168 >> return.
Solution 4: Set date and time to automatic
Go to Settings -> General Settings -> Date and Time -> Set automatically -> ON.
Now, the date and time are set to automatic.
Solution 5: Open App Store app to start downloading
- Open Settings -> iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID and click “Sign Out”.
- Open the App Store app.
- Select any app from the Featured page and try to download it.
- A window appears with new terms of service.
- Click “Accept” on the new terms of service.
- Now, the download starts.
This should be fixed the problem.
SEE ALSO: Fixed: Unable to download applications – iPhone, iPad and iPod
Solution 6: Update all app from the app store
- Sign out from your app store.
- Reset iPhone.
- Switch it off and on.
After 5-10 minutes, went to the app store, click ‘update all’.
Solution 7: Check your Internet Connection
The downloading problems occur in iPhone due to the Internet connection. For that, do the following
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon and icon that are located next to the Wi-Fi network.
- Then, Select “Renew Lease”.
Note: The several iPhone users use these steps to fix the problem.
Solution 8: Update the app using iTunes
Try to update the app, using iTunes,
- Install iTunes.
- From the drop-down menu select the app.
- Below the top window, click Updates.
- Click on the app to Update.
- A screen opens, click the Update button.
- Now, the app gets updated.
- Install the updated app on your iPhone.
If you knew any other solutions about “Fixed: iPhone won’t update or download new apps”, inform us using comment.