iCal users getting “Moving calendars to server account” panel when they open iCal app. All options grayed out in iCal app and in iCloud system preferences panel.
Rebooting or turning off/on iCal app not fix this issue.
Solution 1: Unlink and re-add iCloud account
- First force quit iCal app and reminders.
- Unlink reminders and calendars from iCloud on your Mac system : Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> iCloud -> Uncheck Calendars and Reminders.
- It will ask you ” If you want to delete reminder events and calendars from your system”. Choose yes. Because you have up-to-date copy in your iCloud account.
- Launch iCal app. It will no longer display “Moving calendars to server account” error message.
- Now add iCloud account to iCal. iCal app -> Calendar -> Add Account -> iCloud -> Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Wait some minutes to update. Now you can see your iCloud calendar events without message.
- Close iCal app and launch Reminders.
- Add iCloud account to reminders. Reminders-> Calendar -> Add Account -> iCloud -> Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Check the two apps by adding demo/test calendar events and reminders. And check them in your iPhone and MacBook Pro.
Solution 2: If unchecking the Calendars and Reminders options is not available for you
Clearing the Calendar Cache will enable the solution 1 option.
- On your Mac, navigate into Finder
- Choose Go Menu
- Choose Library Folder in the drop down menu (if you can’t see the Library Folder, also press the option key while in dropdown menu. The folder should appear).
- Choose the Calendar folder.
- Delete the file named Calendar Cache
Note : Close and open System Preferences settings to get the option.
If you knew any other solutions to solve iCal is stuck on “Moving calendars to server account” message, inform us via comment.