After upgrading to OS X 10.11 El Capitan, lot of Mac users reported Handoff and AirDrop features are not working between iPhone (iOS 9.0.2) and Macbook Pro. Logging out and logging in both devices not fix this issue.
But AirDrop and Handoff features working fine in iPhone 5S and MacBook Air.
Solution 1: Delete Mac Bluetooth preferences file
- Turn off / Disable Bluetooth on Mac.
- Delete the Bluetooth preference file. In finder, choose Go -> Go to Folders.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
SEE ALSO : How to share files between a Mac and iOS using AirDrop
Solution 2: Rest Mac SMC and PRAM
- Reset both SMC and PRAM
- If AirDrop is working fine but Handoff is not? Sign out of iCloud account on Mac and iPhone.
- Then Sign in to iCloud account on iPhone.
- Sign in to iCloud on Mac.
SEE ALSO : How to fix : Bluetooth Devices Not Connecting to Mac OS X
- Disable and enable Bluetooth, WiFi and firewall.
- Reset network settings on iPhone and iPad : Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- In your WiFi router, change it from Wireless Encryption WPA2 (Mixed) to Wireless Encryption WPA2(AES).
If you knew any other solutions to solve “AirDrop and Handoff Not Working in El Capitan with iOS 9” issue, inform us via comment.