iPhone keeps updating apps automatically. The update gives new options but the problem is with the changes happening in the apps. This leads to crashing and invalid response. Now the problem is with iTunes cause the update makes iTunes library upside down. Here are some solutions for the problems happened in the iTunes.
Solution 1: Delete and restore iTunes
- End the iTunes helper app process using activity monitor utility.
- Delete current app with the terminal command: Sudo rm- r -> Applications -> iTunes.app
- Restore the previous version of iTunes with Time Machine Backup.
- Check the auto update option is disabled. If no UN-tick the auto update option.
- The Mac Os x update also may contain a newer version of iTunes. If the iTunes is updated follow the procedure given above.
Solution 2: Convert your features
- In any update just convert ID3 tag features.
- Go to File Menu -> Convert.
- You can use Pacifist app to reinstall pkg file.
- If you can’t uninstall iTunes components, try disabling anti-virus software, windows User Account Control, and some repairing software.
SEE ALSO: How to fix: iPad is disabled. Connect to iTunes error
Solution 3: Cleaning and installing
- Open iTunes and export library.
- Save iTunes library if needed and quit exporting the library.
- Select Finder and click on Applications and drop your iTunes icon to recycle bin.
- Click on the Apple menu to select System preferences. Then go to Accounts -> Login Items ->iTunes Helper and click “-” sign to remove autostart.
- Restart your Computer and select “empty trash” in the recycle bin.
- Click ~/library/ and press enter. Put iTunes folder to the recycle bin.
- Click on the Preferences folder and throw the files starts with com.apple.iTunes.
- Delete your Trash completely.
- Download iTunes version that you are in need.
- Install the downloaded version of iTunes.
- Once the installation is completed, go to File -> Import.
- Finally, restore the saved file to iTunes library.
Solution 4: Remove SC folder
If your computer shows “An Error Occurred”
- Remove the SC information folder. To do so follow the steps below:
- Quit everything that is being processed.
- Select Go-> Go to Folder.
- Then select Users->Shared->SC Info and select Go.
- Move SC Info folder to recycle bin.
- Restart your computer and make your computer to authorize.
Note: Check Finder is in column view, if not Select View-> as Column.
Here are some fixes for the problem. If you have some other suggestions leave in the comment area.