One of the users experienced a problem that Viber won’t open on Mac.
Try the below suggestions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Run the latest version of Viber
The quickest way to rectify this problem is run the latest version of Viber for Mac. Download the latest Viber for Mac.
Uninstall Viber on Mac
Initially, move the Viber application to the trash. Use AppCleaner to uninstall Viber on Mac. To delete ViberPC folder go to the /Library/ApplicationSupport/ViberPC.
Uninstall and reinstall Viber on your iPhone.
Solution 2: Update the Activation code error
Some of the people do not activate the Viber for Mac because they had already installed an older version of Viber on her phone. If you had the latest version of Viber on Mac on your phone you receive the activation code for Viber. Now, update the Viber for Android and the Viber for iOS.
Solution 3: De-activate your Mac Firewall
- Turn on your Mac Firewall.
- Tab on the Apple logo on the top left of your desktop and choose System Preferences, Security, and Privacy and then select the Firewall tab.
- Now open the Viber it should work.
Solution 4: Browse into the info.plist.file
- Edit into the info.plist.file.
- Open your Applications folder in Finder by holding down the Ctrl key and press on the Viber icon and choose Show Package Contents.
3.Open the info.plist.file and the two string are exactly below 5 and 5.0.1:
4.Save the file and reopen Viber and it should work.
Hope, this post helps to open the Viber on Mac.