Volume not working problem in new OS X EL caption? Learn how to fix sound control not working, no audio and audio related issues in Mac OS X EL Caption.
These solutions also fix the following issues
- No audio sound when playing online videos via browser like Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
- Can’t adjust speaker volumes.
- Annoying popping noise when play audio or video.
Solution No 1: Change your system output device to Internal speakers.
After upgrading to OS X EL Caption default device for sound output might changed.
Navigate to Apple Menu –> System Preferences –> Sound. Select the output device as Internal speakers or any connected external speakers.
Solution No 2: For users who use HDMI external display with sound
Lot of Mac users reported Mac OS X can’r control HDMI sound devices.
So navigate to System Preferences –>Sound. Change it from HDMI to Headphone port.
Solution No 3: Use Terminal command
Launch Terminal app from /Applications/Utilities/ folder and type the following command
sudo killall coreaudiod
Solution No 4: Change settings for internal speaker
On your Mac, navigate to Settings -> Audio -> Output and change the settings for internal speakers.
SEE ALSO : How to do “Secure Empty Trash” in OS X El Capitan (Alternative way)
Solution No 5: Enable some sound settings
Navigate to Apple Menu –> System Preferences –> Sound and tick the following check boxs
- “Play Feedback when volume is changed”
- “Show volume in menu bar”
Solution No 6: Restart your Mac computer
Restarting your computer (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iMac) might bring the sound back.
Solution No 7: Reset PRAM
- Reset your Mac – Parameter Random Access Memory (PRAM), to fix audio issues.
- Turn on your Mac system.
- Press the Power button.
- Press and hold Option+Command+P+R keys combination before gray screen appears. Hold the keys until your system restarts. Now you will hear system startup sound.
Solution No 8: Reinstall OS X EL Caption
Create bootable EL caption usb drive and reinstall Mac OS X EL Caption using bootable usb drive.
If you knew any other way to fix ” Audio issues after upgrading Mac OS X EL Capitan”, inform us via comment