Lot of Mac users reported issue with OS X Yosemite mail. Some of the Microsoft Exchange emails are not sync with mail. Mail or content of the mail not appears (blank mail) .
So how to fix this exchange email sync problem?
Solution 1: Rebuild Mailbox
- Open Mail app and click the inbox folder.
- At the top of the screen, choose Mailbox. Select the :Rebuild” option at the bottom of the dropdown list.
- It take some time to rebuild your Mail box depending on size of the exchange mailbox.
Solution 2: Maintain or set 5000 messages per mail.
Microsoft recommends 5000 messages per Exchange mailbox. So set 5000 message per mail. Move the message into other folders.
Solution 3: Disable some settings
- In Mail app. go to Preferences -> [Exchange Account] -> Advanced and disable or uncheck the check box “Automatically detect and maintain account settings”.
- In Mail app. go to Preferences -> [Exchange Account] -> Outgoing Mail server and select edit SMTP server list from the dropdown -> Advanced. Disable or uncheck “Automatically detect and maintain account settings”.
- Restart the Mail app.
If you your want new mails show up timely, under General change the Default from 5 minutes to 1 minute.
- Switch on and off automatic discovery (temporary solution).
- Delete all exchange account in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Internet Accounts. Quit Mail app. Relaunch Mail app and go to Preferences -> Accounts. With in mail, setup the Exchange account (Not from system Preferences). After you setup mail account, go to Advanced and uncheck “Automatically detect and maintain settings”.
If you knew any other solutions for Microsoft exchange email sync issue, inform us via comment.