Many of iPhone users complained that notifications not working on their iPhone X. I also faced this problem. But now I fixed it. Here I am going to tell you some methods to solve this problem.
Method 1: Restart/Reset your iPhone or iPad
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the “Home Button”.
- At the same time, press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the top right of the iPhone while holding the “Home Button”.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes “black” and wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down button” on the left side while holding the “Wake/Sleep button”.
- Wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then Press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Slide button (Wake/Sleep button)” until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Method 2: Update the Current iOS
- This problem may be cause for Updating Software on your iPhone. So, you have to update the current iOS.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Method 3: Check Notifications:
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “Notifications” -> tap “Show Previews” -> set “Always”. It shows the notification previews on the lock screen.
- You can set a notification for the individual app. Again Launch “Settings” -> tap “Notifications” -> tap “any App”. you should turn on Allow Notifications, Show on the Lock screen, Show in History and Show as Banners.
Method 4: Check and Set Notification Sound:
- You can set the notification sound for any apps like Sent Mail, Calendar Alerts, New Voicemail, Text Tone, AirDrop and Remainder Alerts and much more.
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “Sounds”. Then select the app which you want to change the sound.
Method 5: Check LED Flash Notifications:
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “General” -> tap “Accessibility” -> turn on “LED Flash for Alerts” if it turn off.
- Turn on “Flash on silent” if it does not flash on silent mode.
Method 6: Turn off Do Not Disturb:
- Launch “Settings” -> tap on “Do not Disturb” and turn on it.
- You can also turn off the Do Not Disturb from Control Center.
Method 7: Reset Factory Settings (Factory restore)
This process will erase all data from your mobile. So Before doing it take a backup your iPad or iPhone. After finishing this restore everything.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
Now everyone will be reset on your iPad and iPhone including the Restrictions passcode.
Note: you can select either iTunes or iCloud to take a back up.
To take a back up,
- Launch Settings->iCloud
- Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is on.
- And tap on “Back Up Now”.