After upgrading iPhone to iOS version, flashlight icon starts to grey out and cannot switch ON it. Try the below alternatives to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Reset the phone
- Close all the opened applications in your iPhone
- Hard reset the phone by pressing home + lock button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the button after Apple logo appears
Solution 2: Restore iPhone from backup
- Go to settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings
- Restore phone from original backup
- Go to settings -> Battery -> Low power mode. Wait for few minutes
- Go to settings -> Battery -> Low power mode and turn off the Low power mode
- Open your camera and flashlight should work properly now.
Solution 3: Switch IN and OUT of video mode
- Go to camera
- Switch to video mode and come out often.
- Camera hardware will be reinitialize including the flash
Solution 4: Reset all settings
- Go to iPhone Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all settings
- This process will reset all settings without deleting any data and fixes software related issues on the device.
Solution 5: Disable LED flash for alerts
Sometimes disabling LED flash for alerts will fix this issue.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility
- Scroll down and find LED flash for Alerts under Hearing section
- Turn it off
Solution 6: Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone can rectify issues caused by third-party applications.
- Power off the iPhone
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Turn on the iPhone
If the problem still persists, it’s most likely a hardware issue. So contact Apple store and change your camera.