Using iMessage we can easily send a message, photos or video message among iOS devices.
A lot of iPod Touch users reported, “iMessage won’t work on iPod touch”. I searched it and found some solution to resolve this issue.
Solution 1: Change your DNS Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Select WiFi on the left-hand side.
- Tap on the blue arrow next to your current Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the “DNS” field and enter the DNS servers; 22.214.171.124 (Google’s Public DNS).
Solution 2: Restart your iOS device
Turn OFF and ON (restart) your iOS device (press and hold the Sleep or Wake button for a few seconds, then slide the slider).
Solution 3: Change iPhone Location (country)
- Go to the Settings -> Messages -> where is says send and receive.
- Click your apple ID.
- An option box will pop up, click Change Location. Choose the United States.
SEE ALSO: iMessage “Waiting for Activation” iPhone fix
Solution 4: Ensure iMessage is turned ON
Make sure that the iMessage is turned on.
To turn on iMessage, Go to Setting ->Message ->iMessage.
Solution 5: Update iOS
Check you had updated latest iOS on your iPod touch.
Solution 6: Check Network connection
Check network connection. To send iMessages you need cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
If you knew any other solutions to solve “iMessage won’t work on iPod touch” issue, inform us using comment.