Many Apple Tv users faced an issue that error 400-2 and 400-1. So, they are not able to use and access the Disney Channels such as Disney HD, Disney Junior, and Disney Channel. When they access the Disney channels that say “User Not Authorized Error” – Error Code:400-1. It’s really annoying who faced this issue. In this article, I am sharing with you some solution to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1: Unplug the Power and HDMI Cable
- First, you have to do unplug your HDMI cable and the Power cable from your Apple TV.
- You just leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, plug the HDMI cable and power cable to your Apple TV.
- Choose the “Disney Channel” which you want to play. And then activate it.
Note: if it doesn’t work, you will leave this cable for few hours or a whole day to work normally.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
- Turn on your Apple TV first.
- Open “Settings” app on your Apple Tv.
- Then click “General” -> click “Reset” -> click “Reset all Settings”.
- After did this, you have to reset everything which you had set up a password for Wi-Fi and etc.
Solution 3: Sign Out and Sign In Again
- Open “Settings” app on your Disney Channel.
- Then Sign out and wait for few seconds. After that, Sign back in with your Service ID like Comcast or Xfinity ID.
Solution 4: Restart your Apple TV
- If you are using Apple Tv Remote or Siri Remote, Press and hold the “Menu Button” until light flashes on your Apple TV.
- If you are using Apple Tv Remote (white or aluminum), press and hold the menu and down button until light flashes.
- If your Apple TV is a 3rd generation or earlier, you can open “Settings” -> click “General” -> click “Restart”.
- If your Apple TV 4th generation or 4K, you can open “Settings” -> click “System” -> click “Restart”.
Note: If your device doesn’t Restart, switch off the power of your Apple TV and wait for 10 seconds. Then switch on it.
Solution 5: Include the Channel to Cable Plan
- It might be the reason that you couldn’t include the Disney channel to the cable plan.
- Hence, you should have to add the channel to your cable plan to get rid of this problem.
Solution 6: Update Latest Software
- If your Apple TV is 4th generation, then go to “Settings” -> tap “System” -> tap “Software Updates” -> choose “Update Software”.
- If update available, choose “Download and Install”. Don’t unplug your Apple TV until update completed.
- After an update, your TV will be Restarting.
- If you want to set “Update Automatically”, go to “Settings” -> System -> Software Update -> turn on “Automatically Update”.
- Delete the cache.
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the App.