When Apple TV is not responding or not getting turned on, we can fix the issue with some of the steps. We are here with solutions that fix this issue. The latest version of our Apple TV is best in several features wanting every one of us to have it in our home.
Based on the light in the front of Apple TV, some solutions to fix the issue of TV not responding or turning on.
Solution 1 : When the TV light flashes more than three times then we will have to restore TV
- Turn off the TV, unplug the power cord and HDMI cable from Apple TV.
- Launch iTunes latest version in computer.
- Plug in USB-C cable back to 4th generation Apple TV or micro-USB cable to the back of 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV, using a correct cable to suit the model is important.
- We have to plug micro USB cable or USB-C cable another end to the computer USB port.
- For 3rd and 4th generation Apple TV power cord has to be connected but a 2nd generation has to be unplugged.
- iTunes will show Apple TV summary page if not click on the Apple TV icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes page.
- Click restore Apple TV. When the restore process completed, unplug USB-c or micro USB cable and power cord when connected. We have to connect the HDMI cable and power cord to Apple TV finally.
Solution 2 : When the light on the device is steady and no flash we have to follow the following steps
- Unplug both the ends of HDMI cable and plug in again first.
- Then turn off TV receiver and unplug power from Apple TV. Plug the power back again and turn on the receiver and power back again.
- Select HDMI input from the TV menu.
- When the problem seems to be with HDMI receiver or switch then we can connect our Apple TV directly to our TV without using HDMI receiver or switch.
- We can also go for different HDMI cable if the issue is due to the cable.
- We can also adjust the settings of HDMI and display settings. Settings -> Audio and video is the menu we have to go for. We can use remote if the screen is seen blank.
- In the case of using remote for the 4th generation Apple TV menu and volume down button for five seconds and in 2nd and 3rd generation menu and volume up button for five seconds.
- When we leave the button the TV will switch to new resolution every 20 seconds and on correct resolution choose OK and cancel button can be used to quit.
SEE ALSO: How to Turn Off Apple TV with Remote
Solution 3: Steps to be followed when there is no light
- Unplug the power cord from Apple TV waits for a minute plug it back again.
- Plug the Apple TV power cord into a different power strip or power outlet.
- Try with the different power cord if available.
- Then restore Apple TV by following the restoring steps connecting with computer.
Solution 4: Only for Tech people
- Open Apple TV using a screw driver. Disconnect and reconnect power supply from Apple TV logic board.
- Close the Apple TV and turn on.
If you knew any other solutions to fix “Apple TV won’t turn on, no light, black screen” issue, inform us via comment.