One of iPhone user had reported a problem that after updating to iOS 11, the Airdrop on his iPhone doesn’t work. Recently, I too have experienced this same issue when I used iPhone 6. I was a bit confused about this serious issue that I couldn’t transfer any files to other Apple devices. Then, what I have done is.. Have shared this issue with my friend Jerin and he gave me some tricks to fix this issue. Such tricks are as follows:
Fix 1: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Just slide to power off.
- Then restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple Logo appears.
Fix 2: Confirm Match your Devices
If you are trying to transfer files from your iPhone to Mac by using Airdrop application and if you find that the Mac doesn’t show up you can try this,
- Open Finder on your Mac and tap Airdrop in the sidebar.
- Make sure that your Mac is in an Airdrop ready mode.
Fix 3: Turn off and Turn On Bluetooth & Wifi icons
- Firstly, open control center by swiping up from the bottom of your device.
- Tap on Bluetooth icon and turn it off.
- Then tap on wifi icon and turn it off.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again turn on both the Bluetooth and Wifi icons.
See also: iOS 11 AirDrop not Working? Here’s the fix
Fix 4: Update iOS on your device
Make sure that you are using the latest version of iOS on your device.
Go to Settings -> General ->About -> Software Update.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
Resetting Network Settings will change the connectivity functions such as Airdrop operations on your device.
- Launch Settings -> General -> Scroll down and tap reset.
- Now Enter your Passcode -> Reset Network Settings.
Fix 6: Adjust Airdrop Settings on your iPhone
To adjust Airdrop settings on your iPhone, just open control center by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone. Tap Airdrop and then tap Everyone.
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to fix Airdrop issues on your device. If you know any other solution to fix this issue, then share your experience with me through your comments below.