Some iPhone users have been complaining that their iPhone XR and XS Max Face ID not working. Face ID is one of the best features in iPhone. Users can easily unlock their phone by using their Face. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for some users. I too had this same Face ID not working issue on my iPhone XS Max. somehow, I fixed this issue. In this article, I am going to share with you those solutions.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Press the power button and either volume up or down button until getting a slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the power button until see an Apple logo.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 3: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 4: Set Date & Time to Automatically
- Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
- Turn on “Set Automatically”.
- Then Restart your device.
Solution 5: Turn Off Require Attention for Face ID and Attention Aware Features
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Select “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Turn off “Require Attention for Face ID” and “Attention Aware Features”.
Solution 6: Reset Face ID
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “Reset Face ID” and this action will erase the current Face ID.
- Now, turn off “Face ID”.
- Then soft restart your iPhone.
- Again go to Settings -> Face ID & Passcode.
- Select “Reset Face ID” and then create a new Face ID.
Solution 7: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update is available here, just tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 8: Turn On Require Attention
- Go to Settings -> Face ID & Passcode.
- Now, turn on “Require Attention”.
Solution 9: Restore your iPhone
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
We hope that above solutions have solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article tell us through your comments.