Some of the mac users had reported a problem that their External Hard Drive is not showing up after upgrading to macOS High Sierra. It seems to be a frustrating issue for you. Well, I know how it would be because I too had experienced this same issue before few weeks and then I had fixed this serious issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Robert. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can also fix it easily.
Fix 1: Check Show All Devices
- Open Apple’s Disk Utility Program.
- Click the View button (at the top-right corner of Disk Utility window).
- Click on Show All Devices
Fix 2: Force Restart
- Hold down the Power button until your Mac shuts Down completely.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again hold down the Power button to restart your Mac.
Fix 3: Check External Disks
- Go to Finder -> Preferences.
- Tap on General.
- Check Hard disks and External Disks
Fix 4: Check the USB hub
Make sure that your external drive is plugged into the USB hub correctly. If it doesn’t work then try using another USB Cable with the External Drive.
Fix 5: Update your External Drive
Make sure that are using the latest drivers for your External Drive.
Fix 6: Reset NVRAM / PRAM
- Turn off your Mac via Apple Menu->Shut Down.
- Press the Power Button to turn on your Mac.
- Then immediately press and hold the Option + Command + P + R keys simultaneously as quickly as possible after pressing the Power Button.
- Keep pressing until you hear the startup sound for the second time.
See also: How to fix: External hard drive not showing up on Mac
Fix 7: Mount the External Hard Drive
- Go to Finder -> Applications -> Utilities.
- Tap on Disk Utility.
- Tap the External Hard Drive (from the left sidebar)
- Try a simple restart on your Mac.
- Make sure that you have checked the USB Port.on your mac.
- Try using a third-party software (Paragon NTFS)
- Install a fresh macOS High Sierra (before doing this, make sure that you have backed up all your data)
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you. If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this issue then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…