When iPhone or iPad users try to send a text they getting “+1 (1) 216 116-11 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10-digit mobile number or valid short code” error. This message appears even though the phone number is 10 digit. Deleting the contact and re-adding it not fix your problem.
- Delete the contact (name and number) from your device. Delete all message with that contact.
- Start a new message by typing in the 1st letter of the person name or number. Their contact still popup in a dropdown box.
- Do not select the text recipient. Select i (info)icon after the contact. Recent menu will popup.
- Choose remove from the top right corner.
- Do the same thing for every instance with name & number in it.
- Now try to type a new text.
If it not solve your problem, the number might buried in some group texts. So delete every group text with the number.
- Reset network Settings in Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. Note : This will reset bluetooth pairings and Wifi passwords.
- Check the contacts which not have 10 digit number.
This message also appears when you try to send text messages to landline number.
If you knew any other problems or solutions about “iMessage: Error invalid number” alert, inform us via comment.