If you have Mac System with a Magsafe adapter, you can easily identify power status via a power adapter connector. If the indicator light is orange it indicates that the MacBook is charging or if it is green then it is fully charged.
- No default sound is available to indicate the attachment to wall power.
- But if you are using OS X Yosemite installed Mac system and keeping your computer up to date with the Magsafe adapter, then you have the option to turn on the indicator sound.
- French Tech Site MacG Mac OS X 10.10.3 update includes a new service that provides an audio notification sound when your system attached to power.
How to Enable Power charging indicator sound
PowerChime – This is a small app that provides this service.
This app available in the (/System/Library/CoreServices) – System’s CoreServices directory. You can enable this audio notification by running the following terminal command on a Macbook that has a Magsafe adapter.
- Open Terminal and type the following command.
defaults write com.apple.PowerChime ChimeOnAllHardware -bool true
- Now navigate to Macintosh HD -> System -> Library -> CoreServices
- Launch the PowerChime.app file. It will open but no windows will be visible.
When you finish these steps, your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air should alert you with a small chime sound when you connect a power adapter like when you connect with the iOS devices like an iPhone or iPad.
If you can’t hear the indicator sound after rebooting then log in or log out when power is attached.
- Then launch System Preferences -> Users & Groups.
- Choose your account and select login items, and then add the programs to the list of login items for your account.
Note: You can hear the Indicator sound in the Muted Condition of mac too. In that case, if you wish to disable it.
- Then, open the Activity Monitor via the Applications -> Utility folder.
- In that, search and find “PowerChime” and close the program (But it will relaunch when your computer rebooted).
How to disable power charging indicator sound
- Open Terminal and run the following command.
defaults delete com.apple.PowerChime ChimeOnAllHardware
- Also, remove the PowerChime app from your login items if you already added it.
Guys, I think that simple steps are helpful to you to enable and disable the charging indicator sound on your Mac. If you have any doubts regarding this you can raise them in the comments section.
If you found this article helpful share it with your friends and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com