The problem faced by the users in the Apple Mail is that the messages don’t leave the Outbox.
Try the following suggestions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: (Suggested by Apple Care)
- First, delete your mail account in the Mail app.
- Quit/Close Mail.
- Restart Mail app.
- Delete the particular Outbox emails that are causing problems
- Quit/close Mail app.
- Restart your Mac Computer.
- Open the Mail app and add your email account(s) back.
Solution 2: Turn off the Cellular data
- Turn off Wifi cellular data for mail.
- Then turn off the phone.
- Turn on. Go to mail.
- It will have a red exclamation in email stuck in the outbox.
- Edit and swipe to delete the message that is stuck.
- It should finally delete.
- Turn cellular and Wi-Fi back on.
Solution 3: Copy Outbox emails into Gmail online
Copy the Outbox emails into Gmail online and sent them, deleted them. This works well.
Solution 4: Click on the Outbox folder
- Send a large file or photo to yourself or a friend.
- While it is sending, click on the X at the end of the Activity Line to cancel to send. The email will be placed in the outbox AND the outbox will be visible.
- Drag the outbox to the Favourites line up the top of the screen.
- Click on the Outbox folder and delete the email you tried to send, and other email stuck there.
Solution 5: Delete the Mbox file
Go to Library ->mail -> mailboxes ->outbox.mbox file.
Delete the Mbox file and that would work.
If you knew any other solutions about to fix “Email Stuck in Outbox for Mac” inform us using comment.