Mail app has most powerful features on iPhone and it is very easy to use with many mail types like Yahoo, Gmail, iCloud. Most of the iPhone users have the problem that Mail not working after updating ios 12. Here are some suggestions to fix the iOS 12 email issues.
Fix 1: Reboot or Restart
- Press and hold the Power button(Sleep/Wake) until Slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Then turn on your device.
Fix 2: Check for latest iOS
Check for the new update if available and if any means, update it. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Fix 3: Enable Cellular Data for Mail app
- Launch Settings->Mobile/Cellular Data.
- Scroll down your device and see the list of the app installed on your device. Find the Mail app and enable it.
Fix 3: Disable and enable Cellular data for Mail app
Mail app not working on Cellular data and it only works on Wi-Fi, here you have the option to manage it.
- Go to settings -> Mail.
- Enable “Mobile/Cellular Data”.
- Wait for few seconds and then turn it on.
Fix 4: Enable Fetch, Pull or manually
Set Fetch, Pull or Manually options correctly from the settings app depends on your mail account.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and find “Accounts & Passwords”.
- Tap “Fetch New Data”.
- Enable “Push”.
- Select “Manually”.
Fix 5: Password changed and Re-Enter password
If you have changed your password on web account or other device, you must verify with the new password in iOS mail app. Otherwise, you won’t get any mail on your mobile device. So you have to change password on your phone. The option is here, without deleting Mail account, re-enter new password.
- Launch Settings > Accounts & Passwords.
- Under Accounts, tap on your Email account.
- Tap “Re-Enter password”.
Note: If “Re-Enter Password” is not appearing, delete your mail account and Re-Login again.
Fix 6: Remove Account and Re-Add
By removing our whole mail account, we can get auto configuration and updated settings in our Mail app.
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords.
- Select “Gmail” or the Email account that you want to delete it.
- Tap “ Delete Account”.
- Tap “Delete from My iPhone” in the pop-up box.
- Then add your Email Account.
Hope this fixes are helpful for your problem. If you find this article as useful for your problem, kindly, share your opinion with me through the comments. Thank you…