Many Apple users have a complaint that Mac Mojave drag and drop not working. Every update of macOS has some drawbacks. Likewise, Mojave also has some issues. One of the important issue is drag and drop not working on mac Mojave. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Enable “three finger drag”
- Go to Apple menu->System Preferences->Accessibility.
- Select “Mouse & Trackpad”.
- Click “Trackpad Options”.
- Make sure that Enable dragging is turned on.
- Click the arrow next to Enable dragging.
- Select “three finger drag” and then click “OK”.
Solution 2: Restart your Mac
- Go to Apple menu->Restart.
- Click “Restart” in the pop-up box.
Solution 3: Turn Off Bluetooth
- Click Bluetooth icon in the menu bar.
- Click “Turn Bluetooth Off” to turn off Bluetooth.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, turn on Bluetooth and then turn it off.
Solution 4: Force Quit Finder
- Press and Command + Option + Esc keys to get Force Quit Applications window.
- Select “Finder” and then Click “Relaunch”.
Solution 5: Delete plist files
- Go to Finder->Go->Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library/Preferences in the pop-up box and then click “Go”.
- Select the following plist files: com.apple.preferences.trackpad.plist, com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist, com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist, com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist, and com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist and select all plist files that are related to trackpad, mouse and Bluetooth.
- Move them to Trash Folder to delete them.
- Then restart your Mac.
Solution 6: Restart your Mac in Safe Mode
Restarting your Mac in Safe Mode will fix many issues in the Mac. But you can’t use some features in Safe Mode.
- Turn off your Mac via Apple menu->Shut Down.
- Press the Power Button to turn on your Mac.
- Press and hold the Shift Key immediately after pressing the Power Button.
- You can see the Apple Logo on the screen. Don’t leave the Shift key when you see the Apple Logo.
- Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Select your User Account and then enter the Password to login. You may need to login twice if FileVault is turned on.
- Check for Software Update.
- Create a new user account and then enable drag and drop (Solution 1). Now check whether drag and drop working or not.
- Reinstall Mojave.
If you know any other solutions to fix macOS Mojave drag and drop not working, let us know through your comments.