Do you want to downgrade macOS Mojave…? Every update of macOS has some drawbacks. Likewise, Mojave also has some problems. So many people decided to downgrade Mojave. Here I am going to tell you how to downgrade macOS Mojave.
How to Downgrade from macOS Mojave?
Here we have 4 simple steps to downgrade macOS Mojave.
1. Backup your Mac
Backup your Mac using Time Machine before downgrade Mojave. Because downgrading process will erase all data from your Mac. After downgrading Mojave, restore everything from Time Machine Backup.
To back up your Mac,
- Go to Apple menu->System Preferences->Time Machine.
- Select “Select Backup Disk/Select Disk”.
- Select a disk that you want to Backup and then click “Use for Backup”.
2. Create the Bootable Installer/Drive
- Plug in USB flash drive to Mac. When USB flash drive shows up on your Mac, rename it “Installer”.
- Go to spotlight search and type “Terminal”. Then click Enter key. Then type the following command.
If you want to downgrade to High Sierra, type the command
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Installer –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app
If you want to downgrade to Sierra, type the command
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Installer –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app
If you want to downgrade to El Capitan, type the command
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Installer –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app
If you want to downgrade to Yosemite, type the command
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Installer –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app
- After typing the command, press Enter key.
- Enter your Administrator password and then press Enter key.
- Type Y when prompted and then press Enter Key. It takes 25-30 minutes.
- When the Terminal window shows Done, you can quit the Terminal window.
- Eject the USB flash drive.
3. Erase the current macOS Mojave
- Go to Apple Menu->Restart.
- Click “Restart” in the pop-up box.
- Press and hold Command + R keys immediately when you hear the startup sound.
- Keep pressing Command + R keys until the Apple Logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from macOS Utilities window and then click “Continue”.
- Select your startup disk Macintosh HD.
- Check the Format. We need the format “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”. If this format is available, click “Erase”. Then follow the screen.
- If this format is not available, click “Cancel” and change the format,
- To change the format click “Partition” near to Erase. Check the Format and select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”. Click “Apply”.
- Click “Partition” in the pop-up box.
- Now all the data on your drive will be erased. Click “Done”.
4. Install macOS High Sierra/Sierra/…
- Now go to Apple menu->Restart.
- Press and hold the Option key while restarting.
- Plug in your USB flash drive.
- When it (USB Installation drive) shows up, click Install macOS High Sierra.
- Select “Install macOS” and then click “Continue”.
- Click the arrow to continue. Select “Agree”. Again select “Agree” in the pop-up box.
- Select your main drive Macintosh HD and then click “Install”.
- Then click “Continue” in all pop-ups to start installing macOS.
Note: After completing the installation process, set up everything. Then restore everything from Time Machine Backup.
If you have any doubts regarding this, let us know through your comments.