Learn how to downgrade iTunes to the previous version
Solution 1: Delete current app using terminal command
- End the iTunes helper app process using activity monitor utility.
- Delete current app with the terminal command: Sudo rm- r -> Applications -> iTunes.app
- Restore the previous version of iTunes with Time Machine Backup.
Note: Check the auto update option is disabled. If no UN-tick the auto update option.
The Mac OS x update also may contain a newer version of iTunes. If the iTunes is updated follow the procedure given above.
Solution 2: Convert ID3 tag
- In any update just convert ID3 tag features.
- Go to File Menu -> Convert.
- You can use Pacifist app to reinstall pkg file.
- If you can’t uninstall iTunes components, try disabling anti-virus software, Windows User Account Control, and some repairing software.
Solution 3: Clean ML install
You can solve your problem by clean ML install,iTunes.
SEE ALSO: Fixed: iTunes Error 1671 while restoring or updating iPhone or iPad
Solution 4: Open iTunes library
- Open iTunes and export library.
- Save iTunes library if needed and quit exporting the library.
- Select Finder and click on Applications and drop your iTunes icon to recycle bin.
- Click on the Apple menu to select System Preferences. Then go to Accounts -> Login Items ->iTunes Helper and click “-” sign to remove autostart.
- Restart your computer and select “empty trash” in the recycle bin.
- Click ~/Library/ and press enter. Put iTunes folder to the recycle bin.
- Click on the Preferences folder and throw the files starts with com.apple.iTunes.
- Delete your Trash completely.
- Download iTunes version that you are in need.
- Install the downloaded version of iTunes.
- Once the installation is completed, go to File -> Import.
- Finally, restore the saved file to iTunes library.
Solution 5: Remove SC information folder
If your computer shows “An Error Occurred”. Remove the SC information folder.
To do so follow the steps below:
- Quit everything that is being processed.
- Select Go-> Go to Folder.
- Then select Users->Shared->SC Info and select Go.
- Move SC Info folder to recycle bin.
- Restart your computer and make your computer to authorize.
Note: Check Finder is in column view, if not Select View-> as Column.
Here are some fixes for the problem. If you have some other suggestions leave in the comment area.