Many Verizon iPhone and iPad users ask this question, “Does Verizon insurance cover water damage”? It is very important to know about the insurance coverage surrounding your iPhone and iPad plan. The Asurion protection options page does not show anything about water damage. It only shows the total mobile protection, total equipment coverage, wireless phone protection, and Verizon wireless extended warranty.
Verizon Wireless Customer Support: Verizon water damage was addressed.
“Yes, it includes water damage.”
You can get insurance for your Apple device through Asurion. This insurance covers your iPhone or iPad if it is stolen, lost, or damaged, including water damage. If you file a claim, the deductible has to be met ($149-$199) and a replacement will be sent to you.
If you have TEC-Total Equipment Coverage at $9.99 a month, water damage will be covered. You will have a $169.00 deductible though.
You can claim at this webpage or using Phone: 888-881-2622.
There are three types of damage that are available to replace the device. They are listed below.
- Damaged device(Water damage or cracked display on screen)
- A lost or stolen device
- Mechanical or electrical damage
1. Damage device
- If your device is affected by water damage, then you can file the claim on the Asurion website.
- If you’re in Apple care, then contact Apple support.
2. Device misplaced or stolen
If you lost or steal a device,
- Locate your device to find and if you cannot find it, then suspend the service.
- Then file the claim on the Asurion website.
3. Mechanical or Electrical damage
If your device is any manufacturing defect, then you can replace the device free of cost.
- Within 30 days of purchase
- Within one year of purchase
I hope you all gained some information about the insurance coverage for the iPhone/iPad damage. If you want more information, then wait a few days. We will update the information regarding this Verizon insurance in this article. And if you know any other additional details about this insurance coverage, please send them to us. Let us know through the comment section below. Thank you for reading this article.
Note: Claim must be processed within 60 days of the incident.