If you want to remove your phone number from the iMessage Account, do you want to remove it from the iMessage Account? If so, then this is the right place to learn about removing the phone number from iMessage. And if you are using a non-Apple phone and cannot get SMS or text messages from someone who uses an iPhone, here you can see the exact solution to fix this issue. Follow the troubleshooting step to solve it.
How to Remove a Phone Number from an iMessage Account (iPhone)
Apple recently released a new online tool to remove your phone number from iMessage. This tool will allow you to remove phone numbers from iMessage on your iPhone.
- First, go to Apple’s iMessage de-registration page.
- Scroll down and find the “no longer have iPhone”. Enter the phone number you want to remove from iMessage.
- It will send a 6-digit code to your phone number. Enter the code to confirm deregistration.
- After doing these steps, you should start receiving all messages on your phone as SMS instead of iMessage.
Turn off iMessage.
If the above solution does not work, then turn off the iMessage manually by turning off the power. Put your SIM back into the old iPhone and connect it to a cellular network. For that,
- Launch Settings -> Message and toggle iMessage to off.
Remove a Phone Number from an iMessage Account on an iPad
You don’t want to get calls or messages from your iPhone/iPad. Then make sure that the phone number is removed from the iMessage account. If not, then remove it from the iMessage account. To do that,
- Open Settings and tap on Messages.
- You have to make sure that the iMessage is enabled.
- Then click the Send & Receive and tap your Apple ID to sign out.
- That’s it.
How to Remove a Phone Number from an iMessage Account (Mac)
- Go to the Messages app.
- And select the Messages in the menu bar at the top.
- Here select your account and Sign Out it.
- Then uncheck the box corresponding to the phone number.
Guys, I hope the solution may help you to remove the phone number from iMessage. If you have any doubts about this article, then let us know through the comment section below. Thank you and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.