Are you searching how to delete VIP mailbox on Mac?. You may have lots of queries know? no problem. Well, there are lots of ways to clear all those problems. Sometimes it will be a headache for us how to remove VIP list and start from the mail box. And here you are going to learn easy steps. I think this will help you a lot.
Method 1: How to remove contact’s VIP status and star in Mac OS X Mail
If you want to remove a particular person’s VIP status
- Open their message and expand the VIPs folder in OS X Mail.
- Open the sender’s sub folder.
- In the message’s header area select the star that will appear next to the email address or sender’s name.
- If you want to delete all the messages sent by the VIP sender.
- Expand the VIPs folder in OS X Mail.
- Right click on the folder to remove VIP status.
- Choose Remove from VIPs from the menu.
Method 2: How to delete VIP mailbox from sidebar in Mac Mail
- Delete all VIP contacts.
- Close the mail.
- Reset the machine.
- Now you reopen the email you can see VIP section vanishes. That’s simple.
Note: This is for OSX 10.9.
Method 3: How to delete the star in Mavericks
Go to Apple’s Knowledge Base and enter Mavericks remove VIP Mail into the search bar.
Delete the star by clicking or control – clicking on it.
Method 4: Empty VIP mailbox by going into iDevices’ mail
- Go to the iDevices’ mail.
- See your Mailboxes on the screen.
- Select “Edit” from the upper right corner. In that list, you will see a mailbox called “VIP”.
- If it is not checked, check it and click “Done” in the upper right corner.
- Now, all the VIP’s email will appear. Click on the star and unmark the each message.
- Just wait for few minutes, and check for new mail in your devices. Make sure whether that VIP mailbox is empty.
Note: After removing the VIP’s from the mailbox, then close the email and relaunch it by holding the Shift key.
SEE ALSO: How to fix: Email Stuck in Outbox for Mac
Method 5: In OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- Close the Mail.app.
- Go to ~/Library / Mail / V2 / MailData/.
- Edit VIP senders. plist and remove all senders.
- Save the file.
- Select the file and click command + I key to know information about the file.
- Check whether it is locked or not.
- Open your Mail.app again.
This works for OS x 10.10.
Hope, this post help to delete VIP mailbox on Mac.