If you want to navigate to manual setup, edit base station or update firmware, first thing your Airport does is ask for your password.
Default password for AirPort
The default password for the AirPort Express and Airport extreme is “public“. AirPort Base Station factory reset/default passwords are “public.”
Why default password “Public” not working for me?
Default password not work for you, because you previously setup a Airport device password the first time you configured the device.
If you can’t remember Airport base station password, try WiFi password or soft reset your Airport express and use default password.
How to find AirPort base station password using your Mac computer
- Launch Keychain Access app via /Applications/Utilities/
- Choose Passwords on the left.
- On the right side, type base station in the search field.
- Double click the base station keychain
- Choose the Attributes tab
- Click: Show Password
SEE AlSO : –
- How to reset AirPort Express
- How to Fix AirPort Express Unexpected Error Occured
- Apple support : Resetting an AirPort base station