Every update changes the way of creating a new user account on Mac. Likewise, creating a new admin account in High Sierra differs from its previous version. Here I am going to tell you how to create a new admin account on macOS High Sierra.
You have to be an administrator of your Mac to create a new user/admin account.
- Go to Apple menu->System Preference.
- Select “Users & Groups”.
- Tap the lock icon.
- A pop-up menu will appear, then enter your Password.
- Click the Plus symbol (+) that is above lock icon.
- A pop-up box will appear. Select a type of user from four options such as Administrator, Standard, Managed with Parental controls, and Sharing Only.
- Enter the name for the new user. Account name will be generated automatically.
- Enter the password for the new user. Again enter the password to verify.
- Enter the password hint.
- Then click “Create user.
Now the new user account is added on your Mac.