If you get “Could Not Activate” error on iPhone or iPad when you activate your iDevices, you have to do some methods to solve this problem. In this article, I am going to tell you some solution to fix this problem. This solution will be solved this activation issue.
Solution 1: Force Restart your device
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, Xs, and Xs Max
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings -> turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for few seconds and turn it off back.
- After doing this, turn on Mobile Data.
Solution 3: Remove and Reinsert the SIM
Try to remove your SIM from your Mobile and reinsert it again. This method will solve the activation issue.
Solution 4: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.
Solution 5: Restore your Phone
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, try this.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.