Snapchat is one of the best photo messaging application which allow users to sent and receive photos and videos (Snaps).
For some security reasons, Snapchat does not have any button to change your user name.
But its allow you to change your email address. So you can create a new account with different username and email address. Then change the email address with old email address.
Also you can change your friends display name.
How to change Snapchat user name
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod, launch Snapchat app.
- Press the “Snapchat logo”.
- Press the “Settings icon” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Press the “Log Out” button, press “Sign up”.
- Fill the information required and press “Sign Up”. Ensure use different email address (you can change it later).
- Press the “Add Friends”.
- Press the “Add from Address Book”.
- Click “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Ok” in the popup window.
- Log back your old snapchat account and go to “my Friends” tab. Write your friends users name (available under display name).
- Log back your new Snapchat account.
- Press “Snapchat icon” at the top. Press “Add friends”.
- Press “Add by Username”. Manually add yor friends user names.
- After you completed, delete your old Snapchat account ( once you deleted your account, you can’t re-access it again).
- Log in your new snapchat account. Go to settings and change your email address.