iMessage is Apple’s built-in instant messaging (IM) service. Using iMessage, iPhone users can easily send text, picture, video, sound etc.
When you change your carrier or when you change number in same carrier, you will have to re-register with iMessage to work with new number.
Here are some of the steps to followed for changing your iMessage number on iPhone:
Step 1 : Turn off iMessage
First step is to turn off iMessage so that you can receive an SMS notification for iMessage informing Apple about your new number. To turn off iMessage :-
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Messages.
- Switch off iMessage.
Step 2: Switch off your iPhone
Switch off your iPhone and wait for 5-10 seconds before proceeding with next step.
Step 3: Edit your phone number detail
After rebooting, check if new number reflected in iPhone
- Go to settings -> phone.
- Make sure “My Number” reflects your new number.
- Also check time & date settings in your iPhone set to automatic. Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
SEE ALSO :-
- How to Fix: Cannot Sign into iMessage or FaceTime
- iMessage Not Working On iPhone & iPad? Here’s the Real Fix!
- How to Remove (Deregister) Phone number from iMessage
Step 4: Reset network settings and sign in with new ID
- Go to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. Click on Apple ID and choose sign out.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Restart your iPhone
- Return to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. Click on the Apple ID and sign in with your new account.
Step 5: Turn on iMessage
- Switch on iMessage again.
- Go to Messages setting and switch on iMessage.
- Apple’s servers will receive a message and iMessage activated on new number.
Step 6: Check Send & Receive
Go to settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive and check whether new number reflected under ‘Start new conversations from’.
If iMessage activation fails or if old number is still appearing in iPhone instead of new number, try restarting the iPhone.