If you want to share your MacBook screen information to some one, you need to capture entire or particular screen area as a screenshot.
You can easily take snapshot of Mac OS screen. Also snapshots are really important one to explain your software bugs in forums or support center.
Mac Screen Capture applications for USA people
How to capture entire Mac screen (Step by Step guide)
- Open a Mac window which you want to take a screenshot.
- On your Apple keyboard, press command + shift + 3.
- Now you can view your MacBook screen with extra .png extension file.
- Double click this screenshot file to launch it in image viewer. After you click the screenshot you can see your Mac Desktop. This moment you can share a snapshot or save it in Mac.
How to capture specific Mac Screen area as a screenshot
Open your Mac OS desktop or particular app you want to take a snapshot. Its not like entire screen capture.
- Open a screen which you want to take a screenshot. You can capture any particular area on your Mac screen.
- On your Apple keyboard, press command + shift + 4.
- Now use your mouse cursor and select particular area which you want to take a snapshot.
- After your selecting particular screen area, release the mouse. Not you will get .png screenshot.
On Mac OS X 10.6 or latest version, the screenshot automatically saved as a .png file in Desktop. It name look like this: “screenshot – date & time.png”