When users try to watch a video on YouTube via Safari, it won’t finish loading. Also they receive “Plug-in Failure” error message. This issue mostly happened after OS X Yosemite update. But his problem not happened in other browsers like Firefox, chrome or Internet explorer.
This problem might happened because of the outdated flash player. Delete all previous flash players in the system preference window and reset Safari. Download and install latest flash player from official site.
Some times this problem happened because of the Safari extensions. So un-check “Enable this Extension” option.
- Google Disconnect extension
This issue might happened because of the HTML 5 test not working on Safari.
In your Safari browser, go to HTML 5 test page and check the browser support. If you are in HTML 5 trial, remove yourself from it. Click the “leave test link” option (If you can see).
If you are getting same issue with another browser, clear browser cookies and reset your browser.
- Download latest flash player. (Do not install it now)
- In Safari menu bar, select “Quit Safari”.
- Then install Flash player.
- Restart your computer and relaunch your Safari.
- Go to Safari -> Preferences -> Security -> Internet Plug-ins -> “Allow plug-ins” and enable it.
- Launch Safari.
- Go to Safari -> Safari Extensions.
- Search and install adblock app.
- Then relaunch safari.
If you knew any other solutions, do let us via comment.