I have updated my MacBook with latest version software but I can’t do the installation, I get the error that says “Installation failed – Couldn’t install the software”. There is a number of things that cause these problems. Let’s take a look for the solution for the problem.
1. RESTART MAC
- Most importantly, MacBook needs Proper Restart to install the software.
- Press and Hold the Power button to Turn Off and Press again the Power button to Turn On the Macbook.
2. CHECK THE SETTINGS
- Open Mac Menu -> System Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Check the App store and identified developer check-box is Enabled in Allow Apps downloader from.
- If it is not Enabled, Enable it.
3. SWITCH TO WIRED CONNECTION
- Most of the times, WiFi Connection may give an issue to connect with the network in MacOS software, it may be a problem with the Router or the Network provider is down.
- So, try to Connect the Mac to Wired connection.
- After connecting to the Wired Network, Go to Downloads -> Cancel the Software update/ delete it.
- Restart your MacBook and give download and update again.
4. RESET NVRAM
- Reset the NVRAM, It allows the devices to recover from the instability issues.
- Hold and Press Command + Option (Alt) + P + R, these four keys to Reset the NVRAM ( Non- Volatile Random Access Memory) and restart the Macbook.
- Now, the MacBook will restart normally with a complete installation of the Software.
5. RESET Mac SMC
- In some situations, We need to Reset Mac SMC (System Management Controller) this helps to recover the data and moving on the Reinstall the MacOS.
- If you have a Non- Removable Battery, then Hold and Press Shift + Ctrl + Option (Alt) + Power Button and then Turn On the Mac.
- If you have a Removable Battery, then remove and insert the battery from your MacBook.
Hopefully, you also have got enough data from your Mac and continue working on your New Mac.
Note: You can get Latest updates of MacOS software in this link: https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/macos