After installing High Sierra, I can’t add my printer on my Mac. when I was selecting the printer and tap “Add” button, the window closed. Somehow, I found some solution to get rid of this problem. In this article, I am going to tell you that solution.
Reset the Printing System:
- Tap on the “Apple” icon on the left top screen.
- Tap on the “System Preferences”.
- Find and tap “Printers and Scanners”.
- At the left side of the screen, right or control-click in the “list of your connected device’s name”.
- Next, tap on “Reset Printing System”.
- A pop-up box appears on your screen that confirms that you want to “Reset”. Then tap “Reset”. And enter your password it asked. Then tap “OK”.
- After completing this process, the list of printers and scanners name will be deleted.
- If you want to add your printer, you have to click “Add (+)” button.
- The available printers will be appeared in the list and select one that you want to add.
Change the Printer Name:
- Select “Apple” icon at the left top of your screen.
- Tap on the “System Preferences” and tap on the “Printers & Scanners”.
- Choose the “Printer” in the list which you want to change the name.
- Tap on the “Options & Supplies” and then tap on “General”.
- Then you can see the name and location. Next, enter the name of printer and location of the printer.