Hi guys. do you experience the “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error on your iPhone? If yes, then here I will tell you some solutions to fix this issue. Because it works around many people, who have this problem. So you should also try this method to get rectify it. Many people have this problem with adding new mail accounts to their iPhones. So let’s check out the solution that has been mentioned below.
Before moving to the solution make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS and the Date and time should be at the correct time or just enable the Set Automatically option. Because the date and time will be wrong, it may also reason for this mail error. If this is all done then follow the below one.
You can also check “Verification Failed Error on Apple ID Server”
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
Many problems will be solved by restarting your iPhone. To do that.
iPhone SE (1 Gen), 5 or earlier model :
- Press and hold the Top button until the Power of slider appears on the screen.
- Then drag the slider left to right and wait for 30 seconds then again turn it on your iPhone by pressing and holding the Top button until you see the Apple Logo.
iPhone SE (2 Gen), 6, 7, and 8 models :
- Press and hold the Side button until the Power of slider appears on the screen.
- Then drag the slider left to right and wait for 30 seconds then again turn it on your iPhone by pressing and holding the Side button until you see the Apple Logo.
iPhone X, 11, 12 and 13 models :
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Down button once and the Side button until the Power of slider appears on the screen.
- Then drag the slider left to right and wait for 30 seconds.
- Again turn on your iPhone by pressing and holding the Side button until you see the Apple Logo.
Solution 2: Force Quit your Mail App
Force quitting the Mail may fix this issue on your iPhone. For that.
- From the bottom of the screen just Swipe up to see all background running apps in your iPhone.
- In that, simply Swipe up the Mail app to force quit.
- After the force quit, try to relaunch the Mail app and check whether this problem is still occurring or not.
- If you still face this problem then follow the below solution.
Solution 3: Remove and Re-add your Account.
Sometimes Removing and Re-adding your mail account may help to fix this error. So let’s try this.
- First, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then scroll down the screen and tap on the Mail app.
- Now select the Accounts option then tap on the Email that you want to remove.
- Here, just scroll down the screen and tap on the Delete option.
- Again tap on Delete From My iPhone from the pop-up. That’s it.
Once delete the account then try to re-add it. For that
- Launch Settings.
- Tap on Mail and select Add Account option.
- Now select the mail Provider which has been used.
- Then follow the procedures to Re-add your Mail.
Now check if the problem is gone or not.
That’s it guys these are the solution to fix this issue. If you know any other solution then share it via the comments section below. Thank you and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.